Fresh Kitchen is a market, take out meal place and caterer located in Marda Loop, Calgary. We used them to cater appetizers for our office holiday party back in December, and I thought I’d share a photo of some of the items we tried from them.
The seared ahi tuna with black and white sesame seeds was delicious – even if I don’t normally love sesame seeds. The pork and lemongrass potsticker was boring unfortunately and too tough for my liking. The proscuttio-wrapped asparagus was amazing – I went back for seconds of that!
The staff working our event were great – getting a regular supply of items out little by little. It was really well timed. We also used Fresh Kitchen for our bar service, and the women working the bar were great.
On the downside, we were a bit frustrated to find out that the pricing on the menu we downloaded from the website was different pricing from what we ended up ordering. We had been told that the website menu was up to date, but when we went to place the order we had to MASSIVELY adjust our order in order to stay within budget. Things like plates, cutlery, etc weren’t included either which was a bit of a pain for us.
Other items we tried:
- Cookies – huge, and delicious
- Squares – well sized, one I tried was fantastic, while another was way too sweet. I did like that they accented the plate with fresh berries though – tasty!
- Bacon-wrapped scallops – always a huge hit, and these were fantastic
- Chicken wings – I didn’t try these, but were told they were good…
- Red pepper/ olive/ gouda skewer – possibly my favorite thing – this was fantastic! Super simple, but really yummy.
- Roasted red pepper hummous on a garlic crostini – boring
- Vegetable salad rolls – a bit akward to eat without real cutlery, and really could have used a dipping sauce or something.
I think it was a pretty well-rounded selection of appetizers – next time we just need more food! Way more people attended the party than we had planned for, and ate way more than we had planned for too – all the food was gone within the first two and a half hours!
Check out Fresh Kitchen: http://freshkitchen.ca/Home