It’s very likely the holidays that are making most of my recent posts about treats rather than sushi or tea (although I did pick up some glorious new teas recently that I’ll post about soon hopefully). Still, I thought I’d throw up a quick post showing off the Gingerbread House I made.
It’s from a kit (I think I mentioned in my last post that I’m feeling lazy lately..) but I added in things (and didn’t use any of the hard-as-rocks candy that they included in the kit).
- Trees: ice cream cones covered in frosting and mini M&Ms
- Wreath on the back: Salt water taffy squished down, cut out, with a jube-jube poinsetta
- Shingles: Vanilla wafer cookies, split into thirds and then thirds again
- Walkway: Chocolate wafer cookies
- Door and windows: Chocolate mint thins
- Bushes: spearmint leaf jellies cut into pieces
So it’s not the most impressive house, and I’m not likely to actually EAT it.. but I had fun making it – and that’s important too!